Wednesday, August 6, 2014

McCarty/McCarthy Leads

I have been absent for a while due to some medical issues on my husband. Nothing serious, just some tests he needed.

 I have been contacted by a man who is from the James H McCarty family who married Elizabeth Funderburgh in Edgefield South Carolina. James was his 3rd great grandfather and Elizabeth was a daughter of my Isaac Funderburgh, my 4th great grandfather. That would make Elizabeth my 3rd great grand aunt. They had a daughter named Lucinda "Lucy" who married Charles Carson. This was his great great grandparents.
 This Elizabeth Funderburgh is a sister to my 3rd great grandfather, Henry M Funderburg(h) and both of them married in Clarke County, Georgia in the early 1800's. So definitely, their father, Isaac Funderburgh was in this county.
 The McCarty's have been a mystery from the beginning so I am intrigued to help him, not only to try and help him find the father of his James H McCarty but to help in the search for Irish McCarty/McCarthy line.
 I have found quite a few documents yesterday while searching Military and Land Records for the McCarty men who were in the Edgefield District of South Carolina at the same time as my Funderburgh's, so now it is just a matter of tying it all together.

Excited......

~Trish~

No comments:

Post a Comment