Monday, July 18, 2016

Amanuensis Monday


The Will of Sarah (McCarty) Funderburgh where she made her mark in 1837. Sarah died Sept 23, 1839in  Autauga, Alabama at the age of 76.  She was my 4th great grandmother on my dad's side.

In the State of Alabama, Autagua County:

Sarah Funderburgh's Last Will and Testament
State of Alabama
Autauga County
In the name of god I do give grant or bargain unto my Son W.B.(Walter) Funderburgh my Negro Boy Ambrus (could be Andrew). I do also give grant or bequeath my Negro girl Dafney unto Martha Celona Funderburgh Daughter of my Son W.B. Funderburgh her said Dafney and her increase unto my above wrote Grand Child Martha to her and her heirs of her body for ever. I also give grant or bequeath one feather bed and furniture unto each of my daughters Lucinda Foreman and Charlotte Oden. I do also give grant or bequeath my Stock of Cattle unto my Son W.B. Funderburgh and the more better to secure the title of my Negro Girl Emily which I have given unto my Daughter Elizabeth McCarty. I do give grant or bequeath the said girl Emily and her increase unto the Said Elizabeth and the heirs of her body for ever in witness whereof I have hereunto affixed my hand and seal this August 29 day 1837. Nevertheless I will that I retain the use and command of the above Described property during my natural life time.
Attest her
Linus Northrup Sarah x Funderburgh
E.M. Williams         mark
Wm. Norris

The State of Alabama } Before me H_____ Brown Judge of the County Court of
Autauga County } Autauga County personally appeared Linus Northrup who being duly sworn saith that he saw Sarah Funderburgh execute the foregoing instrument as her last will and Testament and that this affiant and E.M. Williams and William Norris the other two subscribing witnesses subscribed then named as witnesses thereto in the presence presence of each other and in the presence the testator and that the said Sarah Funderburgh was at the time of sound mind and memory.
Linus Northrup
Sworn to before me }
this 27th January 1840 }
H_____ Brown JCC }

~Trish~

No comments:

Post a Comment